Deja Mi, Inc. controls, owns, and manages the information collected on wedpics.com and its mobile applications and may use the information solely for its own purposes. This Policy covers Deja Mi, Inc. only, and Deja Mi, Inc. does not at this time have affiliated entities that are covered by this Policy.
The information we collect
Account Information. When you sign up for WedPics you provide us with your name and email. You will also be able to add a picture of yourself. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you.
User Content. One of the primary reasons people use WedPics is to share media with others. Examples include when you upload or take a photo, upload or record a video, share your media, create an event, and/or make a comment.
Transactional Information. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on WedPics. If you do not want us to store your payment source account number, you can remove it using your payments page.
. We may offer contact importer tools to help you upload your contacts’ names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers so that you can find your contacts on WedPics, and invite your contacts who do not have WedPics accounts to join. If you do not want us to store this information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the email address that is associated to your WedPics account. If you give us your password to retrieve those contacts, we will not store your password after you have uploaded your contacts’ information.
Site activity information. We keep track of some of the actions you take on WedPics, such as adding contacts, uploading media, and indicating you “heart” a piece of media. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us.
Access Device and Browser Information. When you access WedPics from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
Cookie Information. We use “cookies” (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make WedPics easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and WedPics. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to WedPics. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into WedPics, and to know when you are interacting with WedPics applications and websites, our widgets and share buttons, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use WedPics.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
To manage the service
. We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. We use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use
. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
To contact you. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. You may opt out of all communications except essential updates on your account settings page. We may include content you see on WedPics in the emails we send to you.
To make suggestions. We may also suggest that you visit certain spaces and events based on your posts and preferences.
When you invite a contact to join
. When you ask us to invite a contact to join WedPics, we will send your contact a message on your behalf by e-mail and/or text message using your name. We may also send up to two automatic reminders to them in your name and on your behalf by e-mail and/or text message. You can see who has accepted your invitations, send reminders, and delete your contacts’ email addresses and/or phone numbers on your invite history page. By subscribing to this service, you voluntarily authorize and direct us to send your uploaded contacts informational e-mails and text messages on your behalf using an automated system to the e-mail addresses and/or mobile phone numbers you have provided regarding such contacts. You are not required to use or subscribe to this service in order to benefit from other WedPics features that are unrelated to the “invite a contact to join” feature. Standard message and data rates may apply. With respect to any text messages, the recipient may reply STOP to end all messages, or may contact us at email@example.com
for assistance. Once enrolled in this service, you may cancel your subscription to this service (e.g., stop all e-mail and text message reminders) at any time by adjusting the settings on your account settings page or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To advertise our services. We may ask advertisers outside of WedPics to display ads promoting our services. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie, but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser.
To advertise the products and services of others. We and our partners may use third party ad serving technology to provide advertisements for third party products and services that may be of interest to you within WedPics and on our website. In connection with such technologies, we and our partners may collect and use information about you, such as information about your online activities over time and across third party sites, your WedPics session activity, device identifier, MAC address, IMEI, coarse geo-location information and IP address. Such information may be used for tracking purposes, which involves collecting, analyzing and storing information about your behalfor over time on multiple sites, including information on the sites visited, products viewed, products purchased and other online interactions. Tracking enables our partners to make interest-based (behavioral) advertising available to you on the sites that you visit. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used, and if you have any questions about an advertisement or about how such information will be used, you should contact the responsible advertiser directly. Neither WedPics nor our website currently response to any Web browser or device “DO NOT TRACK” signals or other mechanisms that may indicate your choice regarding the collection of your information for tracking purposes. Please note that no personally-identifiable information of yours will be shared with such ad serving partners.
How the information we collect may be shared
Name and Profile Picture. WedPics is designed to make it easy for you to find and connect with others. For this reason, your name and profile picture do not have privacy settings. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your profile picture, you should delete it (or not add one).
Contact Information. Your contact information settings control who can contact you on WedPics, and who can see your contact information such as your media. Remember that none of this information is required except for your email address, and you do not have to share your email address with anyone.
User Content. When uploading a photo, you can control exactly who can see it by selecting the event in which it will be stored. The specified event will determine who will be able to see your media.
Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with state, federal or international laws or regulations, to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other government request, or to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect WedPics’s rights or property.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer your information, including your personally identifiable information, to a buyer or other successor to our business in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets pertaining to the WedPics business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which information held by the us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Print Partners. Solely at your direction (in the event that you elect to order prints of photographs from the Website), we may share some of your information with certain third party print processors. All print orders you process through the Website are received and processed through a third party printing company. Currently, our print partner is Pwinty. When you place a print order through the Website, Pwinty receives the image URL of any photo that was selected by you to be printed and delivered to the shipping address specified by the user. Pwinty is bound by contractual obligations to process your information only for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent that you have provided to us and to keep your information confidential.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information. We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your media or the number of users who clicked on a particular link.
Other. Here are some other things to remember:
- Some of the content you share and the actions you take will show up on the pages your contacts or other WedPics users and third-party partners.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users.
- You understand that information might be reshared or copied by other users and displayed by third-party partners of the Website.
- If you use an external source to publish information to WedPics (such as a mobile application or another website), you should check the privacy setting for that post, as it is set by that external source.
Third party applications and websites
You should always review the policies of third party applications and websites to make sure you are comfortable with the ways in which they use information you share with them directly and/or through the Website9. We do not guarantee that they will follow our rules. If you find an application or website that violates our rules, you should report the violation to us at email@example.com
and we will take action as we deem necessary.
Accessing your personal data
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request the right to view any of your personal data that we store and use, and to correct, amend or delete any such personal data that is inaccurate, and we will permit you to do so unless the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or when the rights of others would be violated or when the information is confidential commercial information or when certain other narrow exceptions apply. You may also access, correct, amend or delete certain personal data that you have submitted to WedPics by accessing your profile via the app and updating the information in your profile.
Steps we take to keep your information secure. We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use automated and social measures to enhance security, such as analyzing account behavior for fraudulent or otherwise anomalous behavior, and we may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse, remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and/or suspend or disable accounts for violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Risks inherent in sharing information. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on WedPics will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on WedPics. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up-to-date antivirus software.
Reporting a privacy violation. Every day, thousands of people come to WedPics to share photos and engage with one other. We want you to feel safe when you’re on WedPics, which is why we encourage you to let us know if media or comments on the site violate your privacy or sense of safety. If media contains your personal information without consent, including your image, name or national identification number, you can contact us: email@example.com.
Report security violations. You should report any security violations to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You Can Change or Remove Information
Editing your profile. You may change or remove your profile information at any time by going to your profile page and clicking “Edit My Profile.” Information will be updated immediately.
WedPics is for general audiences and is not directed toward those under 16 years of age.
No information from children under age 16. If you are under age 16, please do not attempt to register or provide information and/or media to WedPics. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Parental participation. We strongly recommend that minors 16 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe Internet use practices.
Users Outside of the United States
WedPics is hosted in the United States and our services are provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a resident of any country other than the United States, please note that by providing your personal data to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other jurisdictions as indicated above, and to our use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
If you are a resident of the European Union, please note that the EU has determined that the laws of the United States do not provide adequate protection for your personal data. Accordingly, we are transferring your personal data from the EU to the United States under the terms of our certification with the U.S. Department of Commerce under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States. We have certified to the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. Additionally, we follow internal procedures for verifying that our commitments under this Policy have been implemented. If there is any conflict between the terms in this Policy and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
. Our compliance with this obligation can be investigated and enforced by the FTC.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have further committed to refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact or visit the JAMS website https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim
for more information or to file a complaint. The services of JAMS are provided at no cost to you.
If you are still not satisfied, you may have the right, under certain conditions to invoke binding arbitration. You can find more information on your enforcement rights at https://www.privacyshield.gov/
If you are a resident of the European Union who is using WedPics, you have the following additional rights:
- If we intend to disclose your personal data to any third party who will carry out processing on our behalf, we will enter into a contract with that third party that provides that your personal data may be processed only for limited and specified purposes consistent with the consent that you have provided to us, and that the third party must provide the same level of protection for your personal data that we are obligated to provide under this Policy while it is processing your personal data.
- If your personal data is being processed by automated means, you have the right to obtain a copy of your provided personal data, together with certain additional personal data that we have generated as a result of your use of our service, in a structured and commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transfer such personal data to another service provider. Upon your request, we will transfer that personal data directly to another service provide if it is feasible for us to do so.
- If we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- You may restrict our use of your personal data, by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com, if you have contested the accuracy of that information, or if the processing is unlawful or you need the information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim. We will then store your personal data and process it only with your consent, or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim or to protect the rights of others. The restriction with respect to information claimed to be inaccurate would end if we verify the accuracy of that contested information.
- Some of the information that you provide to us may be sensitive information related to your racial or ethnic identity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health (including genetic and biometric data), sex life or sexual orientation (“Sensitive Information”). We will not use or disclose any of your Sensitive Information without your express consent, subject to certain limited exceptions. Should we wish to make any such use or disclosure, we will notify you by e-mail and request that you authorize such use or disclosure by responding to the email with your express consent.
- We may create profiles to analyze or predict your performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements. However we do not make any decision about you that would have legal consequences or similarly significant effects for you based solely on automated decision-making, including the use of profiles.
- Upon our receipt of your request by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and our verification of your identity, we will advise you whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and, if so, will provide you with a copy of your personal data being processed and certain information about the nature and purposes of the processing. If your personal data is used for automated decision-making, we will provide you with information on the logic being used and the types of decisions being made. You may correct any such personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete by sending us an e-mail request at email@example.com or by updating your profile via the WedPics app.
- Upon your request, we will erase any of your personal data that is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected, or that is being used for direct marketing purposes, or if our use is based on your consent and you withdraw that consent.
- If we are using your personal data on the basis of your consent, and we change our Policy to permit any use or disclosure of your personal data that is materially different than the uses for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you, we will obtain your consent before we make such further uses of your personal data.
- If you do not wish to have your personal data used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into WedPics and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to disclosure to a third party that is acting on our behalf and under our instructions in support of our permitted uses of your personal data (such as third-party payment processors when you make a purchase via WePics).