With all of the rain, we have been getting here in California it is hard not to think about rainy wedding days. I know rain on your wedding day can seem like a bad omen or at least a huge stressor, but I am here to show you that it can also be a blessing! There are a lot of things that need to get done to prepare for rain on your wedding day. One thing you should definitely consider is how to get lovely rainy wedding day photos that you will treasure forever:
- Don't be afraid to go outside
- Don't be afraid of getting a little bit of rain on your wedding dress
- Do properly accessorize with adorable rain boots and colorful umbrellas
- Do involve your bridal party in fun rainy day photos
- Do be sure to lift your wedding dress up as you walk through the rain, a few rain drops on your dress is fine (but you won't want to pay for the cleaning bills that will incur if you get it muddy)!
- Do take fun photos of you and your groom through rainy windows
- Do use rain reflections for fun photos
- Don't let the rain ruin your day!
I am going to show you 13 stunning brides and grooms that made sure rain didn't ruin their wedding day! In fact they embraced the rain in such a way, it made for amazing and memorable wedding photos! They are proof that rain can even make for gorgeous wedding days!
1. A bride and groom all smiles in the rain
2. A bride who looks stunning looking out at the rain
3. A bride and groom who used reflections and their bridal party in their rainy photos!
4. A bride and groom who used an adorable clear umbrella for fun and rainy photos
5. A bride and groom with cute brightly colored rainy day accessories
6. A bride and groom who didn't let a little rain put a damper on their ceremony!
7. A bride and groom who still looked stunning covered in snow (yes I know this isn't rain, but it's too pretty not to share)!
8. A gorgeous bride who rocked stunning pink shoes in the rain!
9. A gorgeous couple who ventured outside for a fun rainy photo!
10. A bride and groom who didn't let the lack of an umbrella stop them from getting fun photos!
11. A bride and groom who went barefoot in the dark for fun, rainy photos.
12. A bride and groom that went into the woods for sweet, rainy photos
13. A bride and groom who remembered that rain on their wedding day was something they could embrace!
Don't all of these gorgeous couples make you wish for rain on your wedding day? There is seriously something so cozy and comforting about a rainy day, it is definitely not something I am afraid of anymore! I think rain can be special, and perhaps even good luck. What about you? Are you worried about rain on your big day? Or will you make the most of it with lovely photos like the ones above? Let us know, we would love to hear from you!
Lauren Sinton is a recent graduate from UC Davis with a degree in English and an emphasis in Creative Writing. She is a prolific poet and loves absolutely everything about writing and reading poetry. She has also been planning her own wedding since she was in the 2nd grade, which is now finally coming in handy since she is recently engaged.