We know sometimes breaking the ice at a bridal shower can be tricky. That's why we compiled a list of our top five bridal shower games that will definitely help you smooth the transition from total strangers to bridal shower besties! Include these awesome game ideas in your shower plans and forever be known as the coolest bridesmaid around!
1. Wordless Wedding - This is a super fun game that can be played throughout the entire shower! As guests arrive hand them a plastic ring and explain that no one at the shower is allowed to say the forbidden word (or words if you want to make it really tricky). The word(s) can be anything you like from the groom's name to the word wedding itself. Inform everyone that if they say the forbidden word(s) the person who catches them is allowed to steal their coveted plastic wedding bling. At the end of the shower the person with the most wedding rings wins!
2. Recipe For Love - Pass out wooden spoons and sharpies and ask the guests to write down their best wedding advice for the bride and groom. Ask them not to sign it as this message is supposed to be anonymous. Now for the fun part - collect the spoons once the guests have completed their task and give them to the bride to read aloud. Have fun listening to the collection of wedding wisdom. We guarantee they'll be some blush worthy tips! Once every spoon has been read allow the bride to choose her favorites and award the advisors a prize.
Bonus! Save the bride’s favorite’s spoons and frame them as a sentimental wedding gift. You're such a good bridesmaid!
3. Incognito Engagement Ring - Drop a plastic wedding ring into cupcake batter before baking. Bake cupcakes as usual but don't tell a soul about the surprise. Set up a decoration station and ask all of the guests to create a bridal themed confection. Ask the bride-to-be to rule in on which cupcake creation is her favorite. The winning cupcake creator gets to pick a prize. But wait , the funs not over yet. Before guest start to dig into their freshly frosted treats let them know that one lucky lady has a hidden surprise inside her cupcake. Once the ring is found award the guest a prize and inform her that tradition says she is next in line to say, "I do".
4. Bridal Bingo - This game is straight forward but so much fun! There are plenty of sites that feature easy to make bingo printables so you can customize your boards. Simply print your boards, start playing, and wait for the inevitable, "BINGO"!
5. TP Couture - What girl hasn't thought about designing her own wedding dress? This crazy bridal shower game gives your guests the chance to do so. To play make sure you have plenty of toilet paper and a stop watch. You can either have guests play as teams or try to create their own wedding day ensemble. Set 15 min on the clock and let the madness begin! Once time is up, set up a catwalk and let the bride crown the winner.
So what do you think? Are you planning to try out any of these bridal shower game ideas? Let us know which one is your favorite of tell us about a new idea in the comment section below!